Thursday, June 28, 2012

RIP Grandma Betty

On my mom's 60th birthday, my Grandma Betty fell and broke her hip.  She had hip surgery the next day and never fully recovered.  A few days after her surgery, she took her last breath with my mom and Kathy by her side.  We were still on the road while this happened.  

I loved my grandma and was very close to her. I was sad that she was taken this way and that we were unable to say good-bye.  However, I know she is with my Grandpa whom she loved with all of her heart.  She was buried at Fort Snelling, a beautiful cemetery, with my Grandpa and we had a personal and very lovely ceremony to say good-bye.  I found a beautiful photo of Grams before she was married and put it next to her urn.  She looked like a movie star and everyone loved seeing the Grandma that Grandpa fell in love with many years ago.

I miss you Grandma.  XO.  




No comments:

Post a Comment