Saturday, March 24, 2012

MHE

Multiple Hereditary Exostoses.
I am trying to learn what I can about this disease before meeting with the doctors at Miami Children's Hospital on Wednesday.  I have joined the MHE Coalition, been reading lots on the internet, and also am writing a children's book about Logan and the disease that his teachers can read in class so his friends can learn more.  I have researched hospitals and put in a request with Logan's pediatrician for a referral to Shriner's Hospital.
Wednesday cannot come quick enough for me.  I want to know the prognosis for my child.  I want to know options.  I want to know how I can help him deal with this terrible disease.  

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I'm here thinking about you guys and praying for Logan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you, logan and your beautiful family are in our thoughts and prayers daily... pearl (from RQ)

    ReplyDelete